يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَطِيعُوا اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَلَا تَوَلَّوْا عَنْهُ وَأَنتُمْ تَسْمَعُونَ
O you who have believed, obey Allah and His Messenger and do not turn from him while you hear [his order].
হে ঈমানদারগণ, আল্লাহ ও তাঁর রসূলের নির্দেশ মান্য কর এবং শোনার পর তা থেকে বিমুখ হয়ো না।
وَلَا تَكُونُوا كَالَّذِينَ قَالُوا سَمِعْنَا وَهُمْ لَا يَسْمَعُونَ
And do not be like those who say, “We have heard,” while they do not hear.
আর তাদের অন্তর্ভুক্ত হয়ো না, যারা বলে যে, আমরা শুনেছি, অথচ তারা শোনেনা।
My Critical Reasoning:
My brother and sister, Did you contemplate what Allah just said here to YOU straight?
- An order from Allah, the legislator and Rasulullah sallillahu alaihi wa sallam has to be obeyed. That indeed defines what it is being a Muslim. He hears, he obeys. (But only when he is confirmed upon checking that it is from Allah and from Rasulullah and there is no doubt about it)
- If you do not, then you are doing an act similar to those who only listens but do not obey. So, who are those? Munafiq and Kafir? Surprisingly Allah mentions this is the characteristics of kafirs.
Can you internalize the meaning of this? Or do you have to seek Ulama’s advice to understand this?
And that’s just one aspect of these Ayat.
What about the order of Rasulullah sallillahu alaihi wa sallam? That’s a big issue I know. But I will Inshaa Allah put my understanding about it.
- If anything Allah say is obligatory (Fard) then obeying Rasulullah is obligatory, isn’t it? Simple math!
- In other ways, can’t we say, if Allah’s order is Fard, any order from Rasulullah also Fard? (a simple example is, if an order from a CEO has to be followed then isn’t the order from a Manager, who were appointed by the CEO, has to be followed? Can anybody working in an organisation say to an order from a Manager that ‘it is just optional (just sunnah), I obey the order from CEO only’ and then would he be able to continue working in that org? What do you think?)
- So how come the Ummah has a mind-set that Rasulullah’s orders are just ‘Sunnah’?
Why I say this?
I read many Hadiths in English translations and I cautiously look the Arabic text which clearly mention that ‘Rasulullah ordered’, in Arabic it is ‘Amr’. like an example I put in the Hadith below. But what worries me, surprise me that the ummah knows those ‘orders’ and they act on those ‘orders’ as ‘just sunnah’! Ridiculous! Only this happens because Muslims leased their brain to Ulama! Allah never ask to go to an Ulama to seek knowledge but only when you don’t know, rather how many times Allah said, ‘Do not you think?’
What does it mean? Just shut your brain and go and ask Ulema for any single thing easy to understand by kids? You can raise question, what’s the problem in asking and learning from Ulema? No problem at all but it is when you just depend on Ulema and you understand only what they make you understand, so you become lazy and do not put your brain in work to contemplate on Quran and Hadiths, that’s where the problem lies. And then it becomes a PRACTICE of going to ask about any petty issue because you already SHUT your brain. That’s what happened with ummah today, their brain is SHUT! They just are relaxed by leasing their brain to Ulema! The result of which is, a serious ebadh, he reads Quran and Hadith so much but nothing could make him to THINK. May Allah guide Muslim and understand deen. Ameen.
Now, it doesn’t mean I discourage you for not going to Ulema for learning, what I encourage you is, think yourself first. EARN knowledge of deen by your own effort because Allah promised you huge reward for that! But how you start and then how you think you understanding right? Reading this will give you some ideas In Shaa Allah. And Allah knows best.
What is it? Isn’t it not clear to understand?
But Allahu Akbar, They make this deen traditionally complicated. They will say, you just cannot take one Hadith or Ayat and start following it, that’s the general rule.